• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Adaptor - Berducedo/La Mesa/Grandas Da Salime

LewSinc

Time of past OR future Camino
Ingles: Aug/Sept 2023
Primitivo: Aug/Sept 2024
Hi all,

I’ve managed to lose my USB adaptor, and urgently need one to keep my phone juiced (I’ve got an urgent matter that means I need to stay online/available while on the walk). I’ll be in Berdecudo and La Mesa tomorrow, then Grandas Sa Salime on Wednesday. Is there anywhere there I could get an adaptor?

Thanks,

A very agitated Lewis

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Try asking the Hosptalero/a at your Albergue. Most have a box full of abandoned electronics along with the socks, underpants and cuddly toys. Grandas is the only town before Lugo where you might find something in a Ferreteria.

You could also try asking your fellow pilgrims for a loan once they’ve charged their own gadgets

I’d ask in your albergue and each albergue you pass. People often leave their adaptors behind.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
A very agitated Lewis

Hi, Lewis,
Welcome to the forum. I know you are agitated now, but I think that Tinca is right that the temporary solution is not far away. People will help you. Don’t panic!

One place to try is the stores attached to most gasolineras. I know there are a couple in Grandas, but this is one occasion in which you are likely to find many people willing to help.

And if you are like me, you lost your adaptor plug by pulling the cord out of the wall and leaving the plug in the wall. After losing many plugs that way, I learned that taping the cord to the plug is the best (and for me, only) way to avoid losing more.

Good luck and buen camino.

Hi all,

It has a happy ending - I asked my hospitaleira, and she happened to have one somewhere. A lucky escape, and a demonstration of how this whole thing works so well.

Thanks,

(A decidedly more relaxed) Lewis

Okay, you're set. But I already typed the paragraph below and would have sent it before your message if I wasn't sent to rescue bananas from our car. I'm not going to waste it. Besides, if you don't tape the adapter to your charger you may want my advice later on.

If you are shopping instead of looking for an adapter left behind you may discover it easier to find a Spanish charger. It will cost more of course but you can use it at home once you connect it to a reverse adapter. Don't buy electronics in a china shop though.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Most read last week in this forum