This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Accommodation with Communal Meals on the CF

LuisaR

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances
I’m planning another Camino Frances, but this time can only do part of it. I’ll be walking from Pamplona for around 2 weeks; I like to walk around 22km a day, depending on the heat (I’m going again in the height of summer!).

As well as meeting people through cooking meals together, I have very fond memories of communal meals being provided by the albergue - I had wonderful meals in Albergue Orión in Castrojeriz, Albergue Casa Baztan in Uterga and Casa Maralotx in Cirauqui.

This time, I might plan some of my stops around hostels who provide communal meals - I find it a great way to meet new people. Can anyone recommend accommodations who provide a communal meal?

Thanks

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Besides Orion that you mentioned, as much as I can remember
Quatro Cantones in Belorado
El Alfar de Hornillos in Hornillos del Camino

...and ship it to Santiago for storage. You pick it up once in Santiago. Service offered by Casa Ivar (we use DHL for transportation).
This is a great idea - I’ve loved the communal dinners. We’re planning a second CF, and the only reason I’d stay in Orrison (instead of Borda, where I haven’t stayed) is for the dinner where everyone is so excited to get started!

I wonder if there’s any central source for this information? Does anyone know if an app or Gronze has a filter or some way to search for this?

The dinner at Borda was tastier than Orisson and they do the same introductions, etc. It was ever so much nicer and the group was smaller.

Had communal meals at Albergue de Peregrino Camino de Padron in Uterga, at El Cantero in Maneru, Albergue Karma at Sansol (fantastic) Albergue la Casa del Peregrino in Navarete, Albergue Bideluze in Castildelgado (fabulous), Casa las Almas in Espinosa (Fantastic), Albergue Sante Fe in Cardinuela Riopico, Meeting Point in Hornillos, Rosalia in Castrojeriz, St. Nikolas, Juntos in Boadilla, Albergue So Por Hoja, Astorga (delicious), Casa Susi in Trabadelo (Excellent) Reboliera in Fonfria.

Before Pamplona, also had lovely communal meals at Posada el Camino in Linzoain and at the Paroquial in Zabaldika.

Hope that helps. Many of them also offered a nice breakfast too, something more than just toast and jam.

Last edited:
You can also check Gronze.com. I find that the spontaneous meals prepared by and with pilgrims to be some of the best.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Albergue Parrochial de San Juan Bautista in Grañon. An unforgettable experience.

The new donativo in Pamplona, Betania, does a communal meal. It’s a small place, 14-18 beds. Another vote for Meeting Point in Hornillos, a huge pan of paella. They also did a huge paella at Albergue Fénix in Villafranca del Bierzo. The donativos in Logroño and Grañoñ do communal meals.

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Albergue San Francisco in to santos. San anton I hear is great as well.

A selection of Camino Jewellery

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Most read last week in this forum