This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Accommodation in Ventosa

Jenulian

Time of past OR future Camino
September 2024
Has anyone stayed in ventosa? Can you give some advice on what the accommodation was like please?

Keep the Camino momentum going once you return home with After the Camino
I stayed at Albergue San Saturnino and really enjoyed it. It was clean and organized, with good showers, a nice kitchen, and a beautiful garden in the back where pilgrims can hang out and relax. The town is quite small and has no grocery shops, but there are a couple of restaurants that offer meals.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I didn't stay there, but wish I had, it seemed a beautiful and proud little village surrounded by vineyards. A welcome relief from the busy motorway that the normal path runs along.

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Hotel Rural Las Aguedas is a wonderful place. The lady that runs it it is wonderful, the food is wonderful, The back yard is wonderful.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
We also stayed at Hotel Rural Las Aquedas during our camino. Very nice private place with each room filled with wonderful antiques. Quiet and comfortable. Nice back yard to rest. Hostess / owner did our laundry and prepared delicious dinner. The town is quite small, so if you need to stock up snacks for next day camino, you should purchase in Navarrete. Bob

Has anyone stayed in ventosa? Can you give some advice on what the accommodation was like please?
Hi Jenulian,
If you can afford to pay a bit more then the Hotel Rural de Las Aguedas is lovely. Great tasty communal meal as well. I stayed last year after terrible blisters made me cut my daily walk short. Also a lovely village cafe on the way out of town next morning where I had one of my bestest breakfasts with a view before setting off.

Attachments

• PHOTO-2023-09-18-08-12-37.jpeg
    299 KB · Views: 12
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Another recommendation (a couple of years old) for Albergue San Saturnino. Nice, clean, and quiet. Also, I highly recommend trying the family run Bar Virgen Blanca. Great food and nice people.

Another vote for Hotel Rural de Las Aguedas, if it's in your budget! I have stayed there twice, now. It's around $100US.
Lovely lady, indeed! If you call ahead, you can request her to make her paella! Usually filled with pilgrims.
Also, there is a bodega (Alvia) right outside town that is award winning, so start your day a little late and have some wine!!
And ask her about this picture!

Attachments

• DSC00391.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 6
Last edited:
On May 2, 2017, I stayed at the Albergue San Saturnino, and had beers and a meal in the Bar Virgen Blanca. In my journal notes from my experience in San Saturnino, I wrote, " . . . I walked though the vertical beads covering the entrance and into the lobby. There was no one there. I waited along with another Peregrina. On the left of the lobby was a small Tienda, but it was closed. The dining area was appealing with wood arches, a long table, and paneled walls. Soon a young woman appeared and welcomed us. She was from Ventosa, but spoke English like someone from the mid-west of the United States. When it was my turn I paid in Euros. She took my pack after asking that I remove my shoes (I no longer needed to be reminded) and we walked upstairs to a spacious room with 6 bunks. I can't remember her name, but I asked her where she traveled that her English was so good. She said she had a relative in the US, but that Ventosa was her home. She grew up in this Pueblo of 170 people among the the wheat fields and vineyards of this part of Rioja. She impressed me and I thought she is someone who will be key in revitalizing some of these small villages. Not because she spoke English so well, but because of her attitude which I describe as someone who wants to make a difference. I think she is about 25 years old. I'd like to go back in about 7 years to see how she's doing . . . "

Well, it's 7 years later, now, and I have not yet returned to the Camino Frances and that beautiful little place called Ventosa. But I shall.

Perfect memento/gift in a presentation box. Engraving available, 25 character max.
Yes. My journal says ….
‘The albergue (San Saturnino) is the best so far - we have said that a few times but I think this time it’s true. There is a wonderful statue of Santiago (St James) and a serene outdoor contemplation space. The garden has a bubbly water feature.’
It also has a tiny shop where we were able to purchase enough supplies to cook our own dinner.
I remember it well. Highly recommended.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Most read last week in this forum