Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Accommodation in Lisbon and Porto

Time of past OR future Camino
del Norte June 2019
Great Morning Everyone! I will be arriving in Lisbon on September 16 and Porto on the 19th. Accommodation suggestions would be appreciated during my stay in these amazing cities. I have read through the albergues and hostels but personal recommendations would be appreciated. I am 74, quite active, interested in history, museums, and galleries so would like to be reasonably close to some of these places. Where did you stay and did you like it or not?

More details: as a pensioner, price matters. It doesn’t have to be the cheapest, basically clean and reasonably quiet. From my experience on the Norte, I prefer a bed with a curtain mainly because I like to read and journal in bed and do not wish to disturb others. The older the area, the happier I will be. I will be roaming the Senda Litoral and Spiritual Variant paths. Being in/on/near water brings me peace.

Last edited:
Perfect memento/gift in a presentation box. Engraving available, 25 character max.
Hola

When I walked about 8 years ago from Porto I stayed here:

It was a good albergue and it is pretty close to the center.
Host was kind and the place was clean and nice.

I would stay there again if I should walk from Porto.

I hope this helps.

Buen Camino.
Lettinggo

Last time I stayed in the Albergue do Porto for the start of my Camino, for the vacation after the CP I stayed at "A Portuguesa Guesthouse". Very nice mix of hostel / hotel in an old townhouse. Just 5 mins from Trindade station.

A very good recomendation would be "The passengers hostel" in Sao Bento station. Never heard anything bad about it.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Great Morning Everyone! I will be arriving in Lisbon on September 16 and Porto on the 19th. Accommodation suggestions would be appreciated during my stay in these amazing cities. I have read through the albergues and hostels but personal recommendations would be appreciated. I am 74, quite active, interested in history, museums, and galleries so would like to be reasonably close to some of these places. Where did you stay and did you like it or not?

More details: as a pensioner, price matters. It doesn’t have to be the cheapest, basically clean and reasonably quiet. From my experience on the Norte, I prefer a bed with a curtain mainly because I like to read and journal in bed and do not wish to disturb others. The older the area, the happier I will be. I will be roaming the Senda Litoral and Spiritual Variant paths. Being in/on/near water brings me peace.
I had a great stay at https://thehouseofsandeman.pt/…hostel/hotel, May 2024, breakfast included…staying at sister hotel in Lisbon this November.

Hello. I stayed in the 'Albergue de Peregrinos do Porto' also. A very welcoming and helpful place with good common areas and a big peaceful garden. You can see from the photos that the dorms are a bit spartan, but on the plus side they are spacious. The location is quiet. Ena

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I was going to write Lost Inn in Porto too. Stayed there last April. Curtains, place to lock up your stuff, great kitchen and common room and you are right under the cathedral. Easy start in the morning walking down to the river.

This is a great place in Porto. It is in the heart of Porto. It is reasonably priced and breakfast is included in the price. https://www.cineha.com/

This hostel in Lisbon in located at the train station. It offers private rooms. Super location. https://www.destinationhostels.com/accomodation/lisbon-destination-hostel/

Most read last week in this forum

We are still in Lisbon at a hotel waiting to get to Porto. We are a day behind our desired schedule. Being here is so different from watching everyone’s videos and instructions. Hubby is thinking...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back