This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Accommodation from Sarria

Mick0

Time of past OR future Camino
2 weeks time Sept 24
Will be reaching Sarria next week, just wondering what the availability of accommodation is like at the moment? Is there a need to book ahead? I’ve mostly been winging it but have a friend joining so I’d like be be able to let him know what the situation is like.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
How has it been so far?

The Xunta Albergues will be open and don’t take bookings. The merry throngs of Spanish School groups, Parish groups and their ilk will all be doing whatever they do for the rest of the year when they aren’t on pilgrimage. The guided and unguided tours will be in slack season. There should be plenty of beds available at least until the end of the month when the commercial establishments start shutting down till Spring. If you break out of the classic stages I can’t see that you’ll have any problems at all. I haven’t seen a single report of a bed less Pilg on that stretch this year

So far it’s been fine, though there are concerns about availability. In Rabanal this morn. My experience has been that there are beds available at on stage and off stage places thus far. But pilgrims are concerned that this may change dramatically after Sarria.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Just wrapped up my walk a couple of days ago, was passing through Sarria around 10 days ago, and there was no issue with accommodation from there to Santiago, especially if you are moderate to fast walker..

Can't truly answer the question - not there so would only be guessing but that said
I stayed in Pensión- Albergue CASA BARBADELO which is only 2.7 km farther on Camino from Ponte da Aspera.
Very nice, clean comfy beds restaurant and pool on premisses and awesome rural surroundings

Good Luck and Buen Camino

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
I've stayed there a couple of times - a five star albergue!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Most read last week in this forum