This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Accommodation availability on the Primitivo

SnakeBriskin

Time of past OR future Camino
Sep 2023
Hi
Starting the Primitivo on 20 August and deciding how much prebooking of accommodation was needed at the moment. Are there some towns where accommodation is often full ?

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I walked the Primitivo alone on July 2024.
I never have booked, the only town where I needed to search was Grado.
Perhaps before joining the Francés you should book in Arzua and/or O Pedrouzo.

Hi
Starting the Primitivo on 20 August and deciding how much prebooking of accommodation was needed at the moment. Are there some towns where accommodation is often full ?
I walked in July '23, whilst I did book Grado as my first stop that was just personal preference not a need. (I like to ease into the first day of a camino and not worry at all about my destination/ finding something etc. I also started off injured so was very slow).
When this has come up on other threads people have suggested booking Berducedo a day or two beforehand, or be prepared to walk on the extra 4.6 ks to LA Mesa (my personal choice).
Other than that I'm not aware of any pinch points until you hit the Frances as @Pafayac says.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I walked last September with my Dad and I booked accommodations for the entire trip to guarantee a room and so we didn't have to rush or worry. It also got us into places we really wanted to stay. Yes it gets busy when you connect to the Frances so rec booking those legs. As well for example if you stay in Ferreira there are not a lot of places. Look at the distances of each day and your planned stops, if there are only two places, pre-book, otherwise you will cab or walk more than you want.

Walked this year in May. Witnessed a few days people had issues easily finding a bed. Grado and Berducedo have been challenging.
Since i am on the fast end of the walking spectrum, i could easily have gotten a bed every single day without pre booking. I think after Castro we started booking ahead in the evening or morning simply to stay together as a group.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Most read last week in this forum