• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

A pack sac or a sleeping bag assembled in my country

ParisOslo

Time of past OR future Camino
Primitivo Plata Norte Portuguese plan Paris Oslo
When you purchase a pack sac or a sleeping bag for your next Camino. Is it important for you to purchase a product that was assembled in your country?

Or anything made in China will be ok?

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
It would be hard to find anything made in my country these days.
Most things are made in China, Vietnam, etc, etc.
All the 'big' brands seem to be made there.

I work in Supply Chain / Logistics.
'Offshoring' manufacturing to lower cost countries is fairly much the norm.
It's hard to compete otherwise.
Except maybe for 'luxury' brands.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
It depends.

My sleeping bags, down jackets and vests are all from a UK company (Peter Hutchinson Designs); designed and made in the UK. They are not cheap. Beside the quality of manufacture - and that you can speak to the people who actually make the items - the down is ethically sourced and certified as such. It’s not live-plucked as is the case with some bargain-priced down.

I’ve got a lot of kit from small producers - not all in the UK.

Country of origin and price - within reason - are not significant concerns for me, but quality and weight are.

Most read last week in this forum