This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

8-day 115KM Camino at a slower pace with 1 rest day ( from Valenca)

Unweekends

American - planning 1st time Camino
Time of past OR future Camino
Sept 2025
I do want to earn the Compostela. But I also want to do a more manageable and leisurely pace and not overdo it. Based on the Camino Ninja app, here is the route I plan (excludes travel days):

Day 1: Valenca to O Porrino (20 KM)
Day 2: O Porrino to Redondela (16 KM)
Day 3: Redondela to Pontevedra (21 KM)
Day 4: Rest day in Pontevedra ( sight-see)
Day 5: Pontevedra to Caldas de Reis (22 KM)
Day 6: Caldas to Pontecesures (16 KM)
Day 7: Pontecesures to O Faramello (15 KM)
Day 8: O Faramello to Santiago (15KM)
DAY 9: Free day in Santiago

Start May 16 - May 24, 2025. Is this a good plan? Do you have any recommendations for things to see & do in each place?

I thought I would plan shorter distances to give myself a buffer, but if it turns out that I am feeling okay going greater distances each day, then I can adjust my schedule while on the trail & use any extra days in Santiago.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Seems very doable. Pontevedra is a nice town but when you are there you might feel more in the mood to keep walking? So this is something to keep in mind.
On former Caminos I sometimes thought that a bigger town would give me more entertainment or things to see and in the end it were the smaller towns / villages where I took a break.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Most read last week in this forum