This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

7 days on the Frances - recommendations

Hertsseasider

Time of past OR future Camino
Future Camino Ingles
Due to work commitments, we can't attempt the Frances in full - yet. So can anyone suggest a 7 day walk anywhere along the route. Doesn't have to include SdC as we've walked in there twice and not sure we fancy the first day or two out of France !

Grateful for any opinions

...and ship it to Santiago for storage. You pick it up once in Santiago. Service offered by Casa Ivar (we use DHL for transportation).
A Pamplona or a Leon or Astorga start I think would make for nice seven-day routes.

You might research a bit to see where you would end up to make sure that you can get easy transportation options when you're finished. From Astorga, you would end up in Sarria, so that would be easy.

Here's another thread that talks about seven days sections:https://wwwminodesantiago.me/community/threads/best-7-day-section.84760/

And Alice Cooper in your profile pic!

Last edited:
...and ship it to Santiago for storage. You pick it up once in Santiago. Service offered by Casa Ivar (we use DHL for transportation).
The first week from St JPdP for me is some of the most beautiful. But otherwise agree with the above the week after Pamplona is also beautiful with many amazing towns and cities.

If the walk from SJPdP concerns you, you might still consider starting in Roncesvalles. Make a reservation somewhere in Zubiri and Pamplona. I very much enjoyed the walk between Roncevalles and Pamplona. You might play around with the planning widget on Godesalco.

Also, while I know you specified the CdF, but with such a short window you might consider parts of other routes, such as the Portuguese or even those in France (admitting a personal bias here: I love France!).

Perfect memento/gift in a presentation box. Engraving available, 25 character max.
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
I walked from Logroño to Burgos last September. I was joining my son who was walking the full route from St JPdP to Santiago. It was ideal because I flew into Bilbao and the connections to and from each city worked for me.

Most read last week in this forum