This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

4th September 2024 Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port

FFIONp12

Time of past OR future Camino
September 2024
Hi everyone! I was planning to travel to Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port to start my Camino on 4th September, but everywhere seems booked up for this date only (I can book most other dates in August and September). Does anyone know if there’s something happening that day?

Thanks!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
It's a popular week to start, i find a bed in a gite on booking as i write this. But that seems to be it. Expect to have troubles on the stages follwing till Pamplona at the least.

Possible resolutions are to spend your first night in Bayonne and walk through to Valcarlos off the morning train. Second day to Burguette or Espinal and then a push Cizur Menor or even Zariquiegui. I don’t recommend this solution as you’ll be facing some long days and many break down going too fast and too far in the early stages.
I guess if you don’t have a booking in St Jean I also guess you don’t have one in Orisson/ Borda, or Roncesvalles or Zubiri or Pamplona. They will all be hard to come by by now.

You might consider starting walking from Pamplona. There’s a daily bus from St Jean. Otherwise consider changing your starting date

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
The first two, three weeks of September are by far the busiest weeks of the year. Be sure you make reservations fot the 'bottleneck' Saint-Jean-Pied-Port through Pamplona.
Auberge Orisson and auberge Borda (between Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port and Roncesvalles) are already fully booked, in Roncesvalles you can still book a bed at the moment.

Avez-vous essayé toutes les auberges répertoriées ci-dessous ?
L'auberge du pèlerin n'est ouverte que depuis 15 jours, peut-être ont-ils encore de la place.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
It appears they have one available on booking.com for 4 September when I checked just now.

Most read last week in this forum