• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

210,017 Compostelas in the first six months.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
One spot left (female, shared room) on the Catalina Island hike. Sign up by Sept 17
The peak season is just beginning. They will likely do at least 300k more Compostelas before October.

More pilgrims are walking on the various routes this year. Also, more pilgrims are actually coming in for a Compostela, instead of self-avoiding what used to be a time consuming hassle at times.

Recent automation initiatives have reduced the Compostela processing time to perhaps 15 - 30 minutes, even on a huge arrival day. I miss being there to help, as a volunteer, and be a part of history being made.

My spouse's serious illness has kept me home as her caregiver last year and this. I hope that I can get back to my passions - walking Camino and volunteering - in 2025.

Hope this helps.

Tom

And one of those 210,017 was given to me despite not having an Official Credencial. I just went in to ask for a stamp in my Homemade Credencial Journal and they insisted on giving me a Compostela! I was Person Number Two in the queue and so got a lunch ticket too

Most read last week in this forum