• ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

2024 status of the Tolosana around Fort du Portolet

BrianLCrabtree

Time of past OR future Camino
2023 Podiensis, Olvidado, Invierno
Can someone who has walked through here this year (2024) provide an update on the section between Borce and Urdos around Port du Portalet? Has the pedestrian bridge across the gorge been completed and opened, or is the trail all on the highway? MMD mentions "passage delicat a pied" around the Fort and an alternate path through the rail tunnel, but I don't know if that's up to date. An April 2023 thread says the pedestrian bridge was under development.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I walked there in early April and the trail was not repaired but it was later reported as opened but, all of the trails along the river could be in rough shape due to erosion. With that said, there are alternatives even if it means a little road walking. Certainly do your research to understand what the conditions are but it's a beautiful route. Several Forum members walked this route earlier this year including @trecile. My experience is that on the GR routes, flexibility and adaptation are often required.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
We walked through the abandoned rail tunnel LAST OCTOBER. No problem but carry a flashlight, headlight or have your iPhone fully charged. You do need light for one km. Buen Camino

Attachments

• 64101b5e-ffb0-4cb0-a375-8aa48906a7f7.JPG
    607.2 KB · Views: 4