This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

2 Days in Finisterre

sillydoll

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
2002 CF: 2004 from Paris: 2006 VF: 2007 CF: 2009 Aragones, Ingles, Finisterre: 2011 X 2 on CF: 2013 'Caracoles': 2014 CF and Ingles 'Caracoles":2015 Logrono-Burgos (Hospitalero San Anton): 2016 La Douay to Aosta/San Gimignano to Rome:
I arrived in Finisterre this afternoon. It is a lovely route and I wouldn´t mind doing it again!
I walked to Negreira the first day, to Oliverioa on day 2 and to Finsiterre today. Perhaps, becuase it was cool and I was on my own (for much of the day) I just motored along and didn´t want to stop at Santa Marina yesterday when I passed by at mid-day.
I left Oliveiroa at 7h15 and arrived in Corcubion just after 11am walking some of the way with a pilgrim from Holland. Had a hot chocolate at the only open cafe bar in the town - all are closed for the fiesta - and then continued onto Finisterre arriving her at 2:15pm. Have walked up the lighthouse and back and am now ready for bed (its 8:45pm)
I am allowed to stay for 2 days and will go back to Corcubion on Wednesday to start working.
Its been cool and drizzly for most of the day but the sun came out when I walked up to the lighthouse.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
HI Sil, Thanks for the welcome & pleasant smile on the forecourt of albergue last July.You gave me your fullest & gentle attention. I was blessed to meet you. Also you sent me off with a light heart in the morning.

Buen camino.

Brian

Welcome back to the forum Brian!!
You were the only Forum member to stay at San Roque in July and I felt as though I was welcoming a family member!
In this picture there were French, Italian, Hungarian, Swedish, Irish and Spanish pilgrims - and a South African hospitalera!

Attachments

• Sitting next to Brian - Corcubion.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 1,078
Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Oh that photo; who is that good looking guy on your left...............only kidding.
Nice to see those faces.
A special pilgrim to you is the "clown" whom you had met earlier.

Perhaps it's on forum already, but you might post opening & closing dates for your "alma mater" in Cee.

Buen Camino

Brian

Edit: Ah my brain cells are dimming.I meant Corcubion not Cee which I think I passed through by bus on return route

Most read last week in this forum