• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

10 years on

William Garza

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances, The Jakobsweg
Its funny how time slips by
Its 10 years today i got to join you guys.
Now?

Because things and stuff happening at work
Where once again..I may get RIFFed out

But this time there may be enough savings to finally get my visa
Take my time and go quietly into that cool day
Because ime 10 years older
Chonky and almost 60
Merde....

Very Low key starting putting things into places and such.

...and ship it to Santiago for storage. You pick it up once in Santiago. Service offered by Casa Ivar (we use DHL for transportation).
It's been seven years for me. When I returned home in 2017, I immediately bought another pair of trail running shoes exactly like the ones I wore out on the C. F. The idea was to do the Camino again on my 80th. Alas, they sit in my closet, in their original box, awaiting the day to break them in for the return to France and Spain. Will that day come? I'm in the re-gathering of initiative phase of this enterprise. Life races along. There are still so many things to accomplish before the lights go out. The Camino was a solo undertaking for me and I re-live aspects of it everyday while walking in our forest lands. I kept a daily journal which has resulted in hundreds of pages of manuscript. So, whether I do it all again or simply revel in the memories of the first time, and maybe the only time, my life has been enriched by the experience.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
It's been seven years for me. When I returned home in 2017, I immediately bought another pair of trail running shoes exactly like the ones I wore out on the C. F. The idea was to do the Camino again on my 80th. Alas, they sit in my closet, in their original box, awaiting the day to break them in for the return to France and Spain. Will that day come? I'm in the re-gathering of initiative phase of this enterprise. Life races along. There are still so many things to accomplish before the lights go out. The Camino was a solo undertaking for me and I re-live aspects of it everyday while walking in our forest lands. I kept a daily journal which has resulted in hundreds of pages of manuscript. So, whether I do it all again or simply revel in the memories of the first time, and maybe the only time, my life has been enriched by the experience.
Beautiful!

Its funny how time slips by
Its 10 years today i got to join you guys.
Now?

Because things and stuff happening at work
Where once again..I may get RIFFed out

But this time there may be enough savings to finally get my visa
Take my time and go quietly into that cool day
Because ime 10 years older
Chonky and almost 60
Merde....

Very Low key starting putting things into places and such.
It's been ten years for my wife and me. And we just kept returning. Last month, we were at an albergue that has kept a log with comments. We paged through it and there we were....comments and signature. We felt an instant rush of love for the camino, past, present and future.

Most read last week in this forum

Stopped in at a Starbucks in Vancouver today. I don’t care for Starbucks but was with a friend who likes it. A latte or similar at Starbucks costs around €4. That’s a typical price for any coffee...
This has all happened in the past two weeks between finishing the Camino and coming home, so it's still fresh and technically open-ended, but the energy I get from her is negative. This is a very...
Greetings! I am planning to walk the Camino Frances next month and am thinking of doing it with only a flip phone and the Brierly book. I think that walking without a newsfeed, social media...
Hi everyone, I leave for my Camino in a few short weeks and am trying to figure out what the washing machine situation is. I will be traveling on the CP from Porto and hoping to take the coastal...
76 year old male looking to do another Camino around April 2025. Completed CF from SJPP in 2022 and Portuguese from Porto earlier this year. I’ve looked at del Norte, but wanted to keep days...
The affect of a church on each of us is highly subjective and possibly based on many considerations, including; location, architecture, a particular statue, perhaps a memory inspired by an art...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back