Australia
paulscamino.com
Time of past OR future Camino
Via Francigena (2015)
Via de la Plata (2016)
Via Romea Germanica (2018)
Camino del Norte (2019)
Hi

For anyone thinking about walking this route, I’ll be posting lots of photos on my blog over the next 6 weeks (April - May 2018) that will give you an idea of what it’s like!

Paul

https://paulscamino.com

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

PaulG

Apr 10, 2016
Australia
paulscamino.com
Via Francigena (2015)
Via de la Plata (2016)
Via Romea Germanica (2018)
Camino del Norte (2019)
Looking forward to seeing your notes / photos. Have a great walk!
I keep hearing about your fellow Canadian Wilma Foyle who was part of the first group to walk the new Via Romea Germanica a few years back at 82 years of age. She’s famous here!

A selection of Camino Jewellery

JabbaPapa

"True Pilgrim"
Jul 15, 2005
100 characters or fewer : see signature details
Bumping a very old thread, sorry --- but I noticed by chance today that mapy.cz now has the Via Romea Germanica included in its routes.

Which is great !! It's been the only one of the major European pilgrimage routes missing from most maps.

Reactions: Olimpia and timr

Olimpia

Mar 22, 2017
Camino de Santiago Frances (2014)
Camino del Norte (2017)
Bumping a very old thread, sorry --- but I noticed by chance today that mapy.cz now has the Via Romea Germanica included in its routes.

Which is great !! It's been the only one of the major European pilgrimage routes missing from most maps.
Thank you so much for the information. I have been thinking about walking s coastal route in Italy and think the Via Romea Germanica has a dedicated coastal variant. Please let me know if you have more information. Thank you

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

JabbaPapa

"True Pilgrim"
Jul 15, 2005
100 characters or fewer : see signature details
Thank you so much for the information. I have been thinking about walking s coastal route in Italy and think the Via Romea Germanica has a dedicated coastal variant.
That German Via Romea only starts to have coastal variants after the three main routes (German, Francigena, Coastal/Ligurian/Aurelia) conjoin at about Lucca.

But yeah, from that point there's a variant via Pisa and that coast etc.

Pisa -- best tray pizza I have ever eaten !! And it's a lovely area thataways ...

Last edited:

Most read last week in this forum

Hello! My husband and I are considering walking for about 3 weeks on either the Via Francigena or the Via Francesco in Italy. Im having trouble finding information that compares the two options...
Next Spring my wife and I are planning to walk the Via Francigena from Lucca to Rome. We plan to arrange our own accommodation. Can anyone advise if there are companies who do luggage transfers...
I saw this link on FB today and it is useful to give us some idea of the serious nature of snow around the GSB pass. This is saying that the snow has been very heavy this year, but that the pass...
While walking on the Via Francigena last week in Italy, we discovered that Bags Free now offers day by day baggage transport on the section from Lucca to Rome, and -- like in Spain -- it can be...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.