• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

luggage transport

Magnara

Maggie Ramsay
Time of past OR future Camino
Santiago de Compostela (2005) Via Francigena (2010) Le Puy to St Jean (2014)
Hello
Can anyone tell me about a service I have heard about, which picks up your luggage in the morning and transports it to the place where you will be staying that night? What does it cost? Does it operate in the winter? Does it operate all along the Camino Fances route? Answers to these and any other info you could provide would be very much appreciated.
Thank You
Magnara

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
You can find out about companies who do luggage transfers (mostly in Franc) at: http://www.csj.org.uk/tour-operators.htm#luggage

In Spain - as far as Burgos - you can contact: Express Burricot 06-61-96-04-76 or book ahead: Email: apcaroline@hotmail.com

Express Bourricot is based in Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port and works from Moissac to Burgos.

Transfer of the pilgrims:
Between Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port and Roncevaux: 9 euros per person
Between Burgos and Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port for 4 person costs 50 euros
Bearing of the luggage: Transfer of stage to stage reserved in advance
Tariff: 8 euros per item of luggage and stage between Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port and Logroño
Tariff for a group: On consultation
Loan of small back pack.

Express Bourricot
Caroline Aphessetche
road of the Michaelmas
64220 Çaro
Tel: 06-61-96-04-76
Email: apcaroline@hotmail.com

http://www.chemindecompostelle.com/ServicesGR65/ Carte25/ExpressBourricot/ExpressBourricot.html

This was a message from Caroline:

Hello, I can take people from St Jean to Roncesvalles. I do it every day, generally in the morning. The price depends on how many people I pick up. So it is 9 euros per person if I have at least 3 people. But if you are alone, it is 27 euros, if you are 2, it is 13.5 euros for each one and if you are 3 or more, it will be 9 for each one. And I try to make group with different people who call me. I hope you understand, because my English is not so marvellous!!
For bags, it is 8 euros for each day and I go to Logrono, 7 days walking or more (depends on people) from Saint Jean Pied de Port. If you are more people it will be less expensive.

transport of luggage from burgos onward

Dear Sil (and Caroline)
Thank you for the information. From what you say it seems very simple as far as Burgos. I presume that there will be similar services operating on the second half of the route. Is this right? And do you and they operate in the winter?
Thank you
Magnara

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Hi Magnara,
I don't know of any companies that transfer luggage beyond Burgos. However, a pilgrim who frequently posts on the St James and Gocamino list serve said that she often uses the local taxis to transfer her luggage - that they are honest and reliable and do not overcharge. Perhaps you should post a question on one of these group's web sites?
Pilgrim Chat sites:
http://www.groups.yahoo.com/group/Santiagobis (About 1 000 members)
http://www.groups.yahoo.com/groups/Saintjames (about 170 members)
http://www.caminosantiago.com/web_ingle ... grinos.htm
gocamino-subscribe@oakapple.com
saintjames@yahoogroups.com

I forgot to add that the pilgrim who uses taxis does not stay in refuges. She always stays in small hotels, hostales or inns. She prefers to leave the beds in the refuges to pilgrims who walk and carry their backpacks.

taxis

Thank you for your information, it is so useful in working things out. I haven't heard anything much about the small inns, hostales etc, can you give me a feel for how much they cost and what they are like eg do they have baths? an open fire? Because I will be walking in extrememely cold weather this is of interest to me. I had thought to stay in refugios most of the time, and use some pension-type accommodation now and again. Actually, because of the dates I'm walking some of the refugios will be closed, I think.
Thanks you for your help
Magnara

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Luggage transfers

Hola Magnara,
You can send away for a book called: "Guia Oficial de Hoteles y Campings del Camino de Santiago". It is available in French, German, Spanish and English and lists all accommodation authorized by the appropriate municipal and national tourism authorities. You can obtain the booklet free of charge in any tourist office or from TOURSPAIN E-mail: manuel.jurado@tourspain.es.
In 2004 the 'posadas' (inns) and small hotels charged about E30 for a double room. Many have en suite bathrooms - some have a shared bathroom on each level. Check opening dates when you get the book.
There is also a book called: 'A Guide to Lodging in Spain's Monasteries' by Eileen Barish - available from Amazon.com for about $10.
I'm not sure how many of the religious hoouses are on the camino Frances but would imagine there should be a few. Worth trying.
Enjoy your planning and hope it all turns out well for you.
Abrazos,

Most read last week in this forum

When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia
I have been planning to return and rejoin the path from Leon next week. ( Main route) I am wondering whether it might be better to wait until later in April to rejoin the path, my hope is to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back