Bedbugs in Europe

Tincatinker

Veteran Member
Jan 9, 2012
West Sussex, England
Time of past OR future Camino
Pilgrims may have noticed a recent outbreak of Bedbug Headlines in newspapers and on the internet. This is perfectly normal for the time of year. There are several wars going on just now and an episode of the Olympics due soon. So, obviously, the media will do their very best to distract us from important issues and grab our attention with something else. Such as an annoying parasite that has been with us ever since we climbed down out of the trees.

Anyone who thinks that the shit shows going down in Ukrain, Palestine, Israel, India, Myanmar or Manchester are 2nd page news compared to a biting insect are fully entitled to their views. Mine differ. Bed bugs in Acebo or Avenue Charles de Gaulle? So -/;(($$);:( what?

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

NicP

Jul 20, 2015
Christchurch, New Zealand
VDLP 2016, Frances 2023, starting SJPdP April 2024
In New Zealand recently the news of the “plague” of bedbugs in France, where there is apparently a rugby World Cup, seems to have occasionally been a big deal in the news. Still, in a way it’s a nice change from Rugby being the distraction from important (life or death) things happening in the world, which is the usual state of affairs in New Zealand….

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Aug 19, 2008
Los Angeles for now. Next?
CF: 2001, 02, 04, 14. Ourense to Santiago 2019.
Pilgrims may have noticed a recent outbreak of Bedbug Headlines in newspapers and on the internet. This is perfectly normal for the time of year. There are several wars going on just now and an episode of the Olympics due soon. So, obviously, the media will do their very best to distract us from important issues and grab our attention with something else. Such as an annoying parasite that has been with us ever since we climbed down out of the trees.

Anyone who thinks that the shit shows going down in Ukrain, Palestine, Israel, India, Myanmar or Manchester are 2nd page news compared to a biting insect are fully entitled to their views. Mine differ. Bed bugs in Acebo or Avenue Charles de Gaulle? So -/;(($$);:( what?

The bedbugs couldn’t climb trees?

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Annamariew

Aug 9, 2023
Usa
March24

Sounds like one should adopt a universal precaution policy, “Assume all albergues are infested and plan accordingly“. Then you’ll be prepared regardless.

dougfitz

Veteran Member
Mar 12, 2011
Past: a few
Last: Sanabres
Next: St Olav's Way
Sounds like one should adopt a universal precaution policy, “Assume all albergues are infested and plan accordingly“. Then you’ll be prepared regardless.
Indeed, and it has ever been thus!

Most read last week in this forum

I wasn’t sure where to post this so mods feel free to move it. This year I’ve had more than one person in my group complain because the pork they ordered was “raw” and they have sent it back to...
[Moderators, feel free to move this if I posted in the wrong place.] What does it take to be able to walk a Camino after a heart problem? I guess I will see for myself. Tomorrow morning I am...
Promised to take my daughter with me when doing the GSB on the Swiss/Italian border. She has been doing a lot of walking in preparation but now has terrible blisters. Searching the threads here...
I am about three weeks out on the Norte averaging close to 30 to 35 kms and at this point aside from blisters, I haven’t had a lot of physical issues. I have one week left with a flight booked...
There's always somebody posting about dropping out, or taking a break because they're injured, myself included. There seems to have been a few more than usual just lately, although perhaps that's...
I've just returned from the San Salvador/Primitivo and have got Giardia from drinking untreated Water. I filled a bottle in Tineo as the Bar owner said it was good water/better than his Tap. There...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.