Baggage transfer from A Coruna to Bruma

RamblyRick

Apr 11, 2023
Ireland
Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances June & September 22
Hi. Three of us are beginning the Camino Ingles in A Coruna this weekend but are finding it difficult to find a company that takes bags from there to our next stop (Bruma). Correos and others do not list it as a departure point which is strange. Is there even a pilgrim office there? Does anyone know if there's a company who provides this?

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

J Willhaus

Veteran Member
Nov 3, 2014
Laramie, WY
2016, 2022, 2023, 2024, planned 2025
I think many people start in Ferrol so there is probably less call for transport from A Coruna. You might see if your hotel can help you arrange a taxi transfer for your bags to Bruma. Before the advent of companies that did this, taxi's were the way it was done, I believe.

Edit: I had to do a taxi transfer last summer for my husband's bag on one stretch of the Aragon. It was expensive, but necessary.

Reactions: Theresa Brandon

Bradypus

Migratory hermit
Jan 18, 2015
Too many and too often!
Correos and others do not list it as a departure point which is strange.
Not all that strange. Walking from A Coruña doesn't qualify you for a Compostela (distance is too short) and so the majority of walkers start from Ferrol instead. Probably not enough demand to run luggage transfers from A Coruña. There is a complicated Compostela exemption for those who can prove they have walked 25+km in their own country first but I think the numbers doing that are small.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Dec 12, 2022
Ireland
CF 2006, CP 2013, Salvador2017,
Inglés 2019
Looking just now at a simple line map showing A Corunna and Ferrol, and having once taken the bus from Santiago to Ferrol, I wonder if you could take a bus and get off in Hospital de Bruma, leave your big luggage in the accommodation you booked for the first night from A Corunna, and then get the next bus on to A Corunna and just have essentials for the night before starting to walk from there to Bruma.
I have just checked, as I imagine you have, and Paq Mochila does not offer pickup from A Corunna, only from Ferrol. You can easily book your daily transfer of bags with them from Bruma, and paying for a bundle of days at a time is - or was in my case - cheaper than day by day. (Although I also had my Bray to Dublin cert, I began in Ferrol as my companion needed the longer distance to get her Compostela.) Another option is get to A Corunna, take a taxi to Bruma, leave your stuff, taxi back... but I have no idea of cost, just trying to give you ideas that you probably have thought of yourself!

Reactions: SabsP

NualaOC

Veteran Member
Mar 11, 2012
Ireland
A few and hopefully lots more.
Is there even a pilgrim office there?
No, there's no pilgrim office in Coruña and probably little or no demand for baggage transfer. It might be worth asking your Bruma accommodation if others have found a solution for this.

Also, it can be difficult to get sellos between A Coruña and Bruma, so make sure you get one in A Coruña.

Wishing you a Buen Celtic Camino. This is a very nice walk, but quite different to the Francés.

Nuala

Reactions: SabsP
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

RamblyRick

Apr 11, 2023
Ireland
Camino Frances June & September 22
Looking just now at a simple line map showing A Corunna and Ferrol, and having once taken the bus from Santiago to Ferrol, I wonder if you could take a bus and get off in Hospital de Bruma, leave your big luggage in the accommodation you booked for the first night from A Corunna, and then get the next bus on to A Corunna and just have essentials for the night before starting to walk from there to Bruma.
I have just checked, as I imagine you have, and Paq Mochila does not offer pickup from A Corunna, only from Ferrol. You can easily book your daily transfer of bags with them from Bruma, and paying for a bundle of days at a time is - or was in my case - cheaper than day by day. (Although I also had my Bray to Dublin cert, I began in Ferrol as my companion needed the longer distance to get her Compostela.) Another option is get to A Corunna, take a taxi to Bruma, leave your stuff, taxi back... but I have no idea of cost, just trying to give you ideas that you probably have thought of yourself!
Thanks...some options there. We have done the Bray and Boyne Caminos..and 2 parts of the Francés. We've booked the rest of the legs like you say but it would be nice to have it for this first leg as it's the toughest. Mind you I just weighed my rucksack..it's about 6k so.manageable if we have no options

Reactions: Kirkie
Dec 12, 2022
Ireland
CF 2006, CP 2013, Salvador2017,
Inglés 2019
I found it - and it looks just the business for the OP.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Apr 27, 2020
California
Camino Frances 2018
Spring 2023 Via de la Plata
Hi. Three of us are beginning the Camino Ingles in A Coruna this weekend but are finding it difficult to find a company that takes bags from there to our next stop (Bruma). Correos and others do not list it as a departure point which is strange. Is there even a pilgrim office there? Does anyone know if there's a company who provides this?
I walked that last spring and tried to psych myself about the hill up to Bruma. It wasn't that bad. Take your time and enjoy!

JohnnyWu

Jul 21, 2020
LONDON
Ingles
Currently on day 3 from Ferrol, at Betanzos. We are using Pilbeo.com via their app. Perfect so far. I could not understand how to use the Correos website and I am a computer scientist. J

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

henrythedog

Veteran Member
Jan 3, 2017
Lancashire UK
Annually - often more - from 2014
Yes I am in this situation too. Plan to walk from A Coruna next month and finding it virtually to secure luggage transfer. I really don't want to have to carry my luggage if at all possible
The recommendation in post #13 is the first I’ve seen I’ve seen for bag transport on the Ingles. It’s not been reported on previously, but could well be excellent - and the URL works.

For what’s only a 4-5 day walk, have you considered carrying your own bag or - if going on from Santiago, posting the excess direct via Correos?

Reactions: JohnnyWu
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Most read last week in this forum

Hello, I am 16 days out from "boots on the ground" on the Frances route. As I am a solo female pilgrim My family wants to be able to find me any time day or night as I make my way across Spain...
We arrived in Santiago and after searching ways to get back to Pamplona it worked out easier to hire a car . It would mean picking the car up from Santiago airport and leaving it at a hotel in...
I was trying to buy an Alsa bus ticket on-line to take us from Pamplona to SJPDP. It ask for a "document" and document number? Passport isn't mentioned and it wont let me make a purchase without...
Some news that was posted on Facebook by Johnnie Walker which I'm sure he won't mind my repeating here. Not sure who his informant was. The post was quite long but I'll just repost it here in...
Ryanair have announced that after November they will no longer be flying to/from Bordeaux. Unfortunate for those heading for SJPDP as it is a useful alternative to Biarritz...
hello - Does anyone have a suggested app that i can both track my progress along the route and share real time location? i know how to share real time on google maps but. or route progress. thank you!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides