Arles to Norte

Smash123

Feb 13, 2023
Ottawa, Ontario
Time of past OR future Camino
Figeac to Auvillar 2019
Podiensis/Rocamadour 2023
Hi all!
I walked the Le Puy to Roncesvalles route last spring, and now I am thinking of Arles to Compostela on the Norte in the fall. I have many questions. I have downloaded the WP Norte App. I used the WP Via Podiensis app and found it most helpful. But, is there any similar resource for the Arles? Also mildly curious how one travels between Puenta la Reina to Irun. I know I will figure it out once I am there, but just wondering how many people have/will walk that route and whether I can expect the group to carry me through? (When I did the Le Puy, I orginally intended to stop at SJPdP, but . . . the group carried me through, something for which I will be forever grateful.)

Thanks in advance for any resources and/or info on Arles, and Norte.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

trecile

Staff member
Feb 19, 2016
Southern Oregon
Francés, Norte, Salvador, Primitivo, Portuguese
The Buen Camino app has the Arles route.

And the Gronze map app + website has the info you need. Be aware though that the Gronze maps don't work offline - you need an Internet connection.

trecile

Staff member
Feb 19, 2016
Southern Oregon
Francés, Norte, Salvador, Primitivo, Portuguese
Also mildly curious how one travels between Puenta la Reina to Irun. I know I will figure it out once I am there, but just wondering how many people have/will walk that route and whether I can expect the group to carry me through?
I wouldn't expect to find many (or any) other pilgrims walking from Puente la Reina to Irun.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Vacajoe

Traded in my work boots for hiking ones
Feb 14, 2017
Northern California
Frances, Portuguese, Aragon, Norte, SJWayUK, Nive
Lots of options to get from the Arles to the Norte on foot.

You can branch off the Arles at Oloron-St-Marie and walk the Piemont to SJPdP and then the Nive to Bayonne. From Bayonne, follow the coast to Irun.

Or walk the Arles to the Aragon and when you reach Puente la Reina, walk the CF in reverse to Pamplona, then the Batzan in reverse to Bayonne and follow the coast to Irun.

Or cut over to Pamplona while walking the Aragon (it’s off-route, but easy). Then again the Batzan to Bayonne to Irun.

Or Arles to Aragon to CF and then up the Camino Ignacio to Loiola and hookup with the Norte before Bilbao

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Most read last week in this forum

We are cycling and are two people, currently in Santander. We ideally want to book a double room. However we are finding the prices shown on Gronze are sometimes substantially higher when we make...
We are about to start our first Camino tomorrow morning and, after much getting lost, we are relaxing on our very comfortable beds at Hotel Urdanibia Park. My question is, do we start from where...
Hi, Im currently on the CDN at Sam Martin de Laspa. Has anyone done the Mountain route recently between Soto de Luina and Cadavedo. Some guides say it’s impassable but others say it’s not? Would...
Hi Everyone, As a follow up of my post https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/camino-del-norte-smaller-stages-baggage-transport.85025/#post-1225909, here is the feedback from my first...
I just want to share with you, This Friday I will be off to CDN. It's very special because I have cancelled it twice in the past due to events out of my control. This will be my first Camino...
Hi all, I would like to give my poles away to another pilgrim. I will be available 15 May in Bilbao. The poles worked great until I didn't (tendinitis. It is all good, It is going away)...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.